Monday, January 18, 2010

Silk Purse or Sow's Ear?

It is hard for me to be objective about Texas A&M, I admit.  But isn't even a mediocre Big 12 team a step-up from any one of the military academies?  Don't get me wrong:  I very much admire the academies and their students, and appreciate beyond words their service but as far as college sports go, they really aren't big time (and yes, I remember Roger Staubach and David Robinson and Napolean McCallum).  So why wouldn't the defensive coordinator at Air Force  jump on this job?

2 comments:

  1. Evidently the Board of Regents needs to approve the hire. They meet Thursday and the approval of the hire is an agenda item. Seems odd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does seem odd. Does the Board have to approve every hire? Micromanagement, anyone?

    ReplyDelete