Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week Two Awards, Part One

The What Were They Thinking Award:  the parents of Foswhitt Whittaker

The Blind Leading the Blind Award for Radio Broadcasting:  Dave South, the worst play-by-play announcer in the history of ever

The Corso Wears A Merkin Award:  Va Tech*.  Jesus!

*Va Tech is a team that is always touted as having a tough defense, spectacular special teams, genius coach, and potential for greatness but this team just continues to disappoint.  Now, I don't really care if Va Tech wins or loses but I do keep up with them and I am glad I am not an alum.  I have spent a lifetime suffering along with the Aggies but I would rather my team be bad than disappointing.  If you try hard, work hard, play with heart and discipline and lose because you just  aren't as good, I will support you forever.  But don't underachieve...or quit...or not care.  Along these lines, someone remind me to name the winner of the Phil Fulmer Underachiever Award at the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment