Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tennis, Anyone?

Did anyone watch any U.S. Open tennis over the weekend? I saw about 10 minutes of the match between Melanie Oudin and Robotic Russian #3. In case you don't know about Oudin, she is a 17-year old from Marietta, Georgia. She is 5'6", not a power hitter but a grinder who can flat cover the court. In the match I saw, she lost the first set 6-1. She won the second set in a tie-breaker after being down 5-3 (I think). In the third set, she was up 5-2 when Russian #3 broke her serve. Oudin then broke back, won the set 6-3, and advanced to the quarter-finals. I just love her! Now I wish I had seen the entire match, but I probably couldn't have stood it. Anyway, send good thoughts out into the universe for this little girl...maybe she can win another. And by the way, she wears these totally cool pink and yellow Adidas sneakers. I want me some.

No comments:

Post a Comment